Monday, August 30, 2010

Reality

Today was my first day back to "reality". It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be.

I was happy to see everyone and it seemed most were glad to see me also. I realized that so many things continued to move on while my life was placed on hold. There are so many changes. New faces, new procedures, new ways of doing things. These are all good things.

I have also realized that I really do have a new way of looking at things. I no longer get frustrated as easily. I don't get upset as quickly. And I think before I say something that might offend others.

The first day back to "reality", was something that I needed. Something different to occupy my time with. Nothing the same, through my eyes, but nothing different through other eyes.

Things will never be the same to me, they will always be just slightly different. But to others everything will remain the same. I realized that today.

Today was a day to just take everything in, and that is what I did. I took it all in.

..................Now I just have to process it all.

6 comments:

dperalt said...

I just had a taste of Reality too. I was upset one day at school--thank goodness no kids were around and the gym teacher said to me what's wrong. It seems like people don't know that I am still grieving even though things are the same to them. I wish you luck going back to work. It is one of the toughest things ever.

Michelle said...

love you megan!

Wyatt's Mommie said...

love you too michelle <3

Alissa said...

Glad that there was some things that stayed the same, despite your differences. Nothing will ever be the same for you, sweetie. Hang in there.

Melissa said...

I'm glad it went well for you.

Laura said...

Yea. Alternate reality that only we can see. I'm glad for how today went for you. Keep on keeping on, but know, we know where you are!