Tuesday, May 31, 2011

We Saw the Face of Our Warrior

June 1, 2010....

One year ago tomorrow was the first time we ever saw a good photo of Wyatt's face.  It was our first and only 3D ultrasound.

After being sent home for the holiday weekend, we were asked to return on Tuesday, June 1 to meet with the team of cardiologist and for more tests on little Wyatt.  June 1, 2010 was the date of when echo was performed that showed Wyatt's name was fitting, he was and always will be a warrior, his heart was still beating. 

After the echo, we told the doctors that we still wanted to do the surgery.  I was sent for a 3D scan to ensure that there were no other anomalies and this is where we saw his face for the first time.  He was precious.  Initially we thought he was 100% me.  He had my chubby cheeks, my nose, and my shaped face.  After almost two hours on the ultrasound table, it was determined Wyatt was perfect, except for his heart.  Even the ultrasound tech said, "He is adorable, it's just his heart." 

I remember coming out of the room and going back into the lobby.  Brian's mom and my mom were both sitting there.  We showed them the photo and they were both in awe.  Immediately we sent the photo to everyone via text. 

What an exciting day!

Who would have thought that this would be the last time we would see Wyatt's little face and body in motion? 

If I would have known, I wouldn't have complained so much about laying on that table while the weight was pushing on my spine.  I would have sucked it up and dealt with it while taking in every movement Wyatt was making. 

We still have that 3D ultrasound picture and it is in a frame in our living room.  I find myself looking at the picture nearly every night.  I love that photo because Wyatt looks so peaceful.  His little arm tucked under his chin and his perfect little face so clearly seen. 

June 1, 2010 was the day that we saw the face of our warrior.

No comments: