Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Day of Kindness, Check it Out!

I follow several blogs, something that I knew nothing about until I lost Wyatt.  Without my blog and the other blogs I follow, I don't know where I would be today.  Most of the blogs I follow are of others who are dealing with the loss of their child.  However, there are others that I follow just because I find the author interesting or someone who I could learn a lot from. 

Today, one of the authors blogged about a something that captured my attention.  The title of the blog post was "Worldwide Rapture of Kindness Day".  As I began to read the post, I found myself nodding and thinking of how wonderful it would be to participate.  To do something nice for someone else in Wyatt's name, that would be priceless!  Of course, I plan to participate.  I don't have much money or riches, but it doesn't take that to do something nice.  How hard is it to open the door for someone, talk to someone who looks like they are having a bad day, or help someone with physical labor? 

I would encourage everyone to visit the blog post that caught my attention today, I think you will read it and understand what I am saying.  It is like a "pay it forward" project, but this is something that is done for just one day, though it could be carried forward.  It encourages us to do something nice for someone else. 

The link to the blog post is HERE.

The author encourages you to share your kindness stories after the Worldwide Rapture of Kindness Day on July 27th. 

I would love to hear how many are planning to participate and what you are planning to do. 

" Wherever there is a human being,
there is an opportunity for kindness."
~ Unknown

No comments: