Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Sigh of Relief!

"There are two sighs of relief every night in the life of an opera manager.  The first comes when the curtain goes up.  The second sigh of relief comes when the final curtain goes down without any disaster, and one realizes, gratefully, that the miracle has happened again."  ~ Rudolf Bing

No, the opera is not my life, I don't care much about it, and I have never been to see a show.  However, this quotes seems to fit my life right now. 

Yesterday brought worry and scare, so much so, that I couldn't sleep last night.  I kept having dreams of being in the hospital and watching a monitor.  I would wake up, freak out, realize it was a dream, and go back to sleep.  I think I caught about four hours of sleep.

Today, the doctor called to follow up on the information provided to us yesterday about DiGeorge Syndrome.  It was wrong!

There was a post-it note placed over the right side of the report when it was faxed.  It covered up the two most important words, DOES NOT.  The doctor confirmed today that the report read, "This fetus DOES NOT have DiGeorge Syndrome."

The first curtain went up and there was a sigh of relief.  We can breathe better now. 

We still have many acts to go until we get to the final curtain.  Two fetal echos, two more ultrasounds, another round of blood work, and the delivery of our "Miracle Baby".  We are taking each step, one at a time, for that is all we can do after what we have been through in the past.

I continue to look forward to the day that the final curtain goes down, the day that we can look at our child and realize a miracle has happened, yet again!!!

7 comments:

Antoinette said...

ugh!! a post it note!!! doesnt that person who faxed realize what stress they caused you..even just a night?? I have a STRONG feeling that Wyatt knew mommy was scared and made sure that Dr looked things over. Im so happy for this news!!! your son is amazing at protecting you and their little baby brother/sister...woohoo for mistakes!!!

Whittney said...

Oh Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is just me, but I would have ripped someone a new one. Glad all is well though :)

Danielle said...

So happy for you Megan!! With all that us CHD parents have been through in the past, I'm not sure we'll ever take anything in a pregnancy for granted and won't believe we're somewhat safe until that baby is actually in our arms. Love to you all and you little miracle! <3

Lisette said...

Great news Megan, I am so happy for you!

Lauren said...

What a great amount of relief for you both! I am so excited for you and this little peanut. Praying and thinking of you always. And I feel the same way. After a loss so great, pregnancy is never the same. You have great strength!

Unknown said...

Oh, wow! I know you're so relieved...I'm so happy you've gotten good news.

Bethany said...

That is wonderful news Megan! You continue to be in my thoughts:)