Wednesday, June 6, 2012

He was remembered

Well, the day arrived... His second birthday.  I can't believe it has been two years since we were last together.  That is a long time for a mother and child to be apart.  Today wasn't nearly as hard as last year but there were several tough tugs to the heart.  I didn't lose it and managed to hold it together well today.  There have been times where the tears started to form but I choked them back, thought about everything that has happened in two years, and moved forward.

It was a beautiful day outside.  The skies were blue and the air was fresh.  I told myself I was going to enjoy this day as it would be the first birthday in three years out of the hospital.  I did make the most of it.  I found a feather by my bed, a sign.  I know he was near.

The birthday wishes piled in for Wyatt and I.  Pictures of lit candles, his names, or friends and family wearing blue were post on FB.  I loved seeing it all.  He was remembered and that was all that mattered.

It's been two years but it seems like just yesterday that I held my little warrior, my little monkey, my Wyatt.  Love and miss him so very much.

Photos from friends and family in remembrance:

 
~ Aunt Lisa

Thought of you when I saw this baby Wyatt! ~ Aunt Lisa

~ from Caroline

~ from Melissa

~ from Danielle

~ from Aunt Callie, Shaelyn, Breah, and Avery

~ from Lauren

~ from Aunt Heather

~ from Nolan your little brother


~ from Daddy (a monkey in your bush)

~ from Mommy and Daddy
We love you with all our hearts!

~ from Mommy
A Mommy with her boys!

3 comments:

Ausmerican Housewife - Creating with Kara Davies said...

Happy birthday #2 lil Wyatt!

-<3, another Junebug's mama, Kara

Caroline said...

Happy Heavenly Birthday <3 Wyatt <3 !!
Every time I see a monkey I think of you. <3

Holly said...

♥Wyatt