Thursday, July 7, 2011

Oh Dragonfly, My Dragonfly!

Over the past few days, I have seen a few dragonflies, something I never saw much of last year.  The only one I saw last year was amazing though.  It was laying on the carpet outside and even let me touch it several times.  I honestly thought it was dead, but after going back outside to look at it again, it was gone. 

As I said before, I have seen several dragonflies over the past few days though.  It's amazing.  They come and get close to my face, fly in place for a few seconds, and then fly up to the sky.  Today, while standing by our pool with my mom and niece, one came flying by.  It took me off guard at first, but then I stood to watch it. 

Most of the ones I have seen have green in them, the one today was solid black.  I thought to myself for a moment, said a prayer for Wyatt, told him I loved him, and then the dragonfly flew off.  "Oh dragonfly, my dragonfly, come back", I wanted to yell.

Many people don't believe in signs from those who have left us, but me, I do.  These dragonflies, butterflies, and other things that are presented to me have a way about them.  They don't just fly by, they make sure they make their presence known. 

Yesterday marked 13 months since the day Wyatt entered the world.  13 months, how the heck did that happen?  Today I received a sign from him, and I know it was his way of telling me he is safe and watching over us. 

We love you little boy and oh how we wish you could come back to us.

No comments: